An Echo

in our life we say, there comes a time, there comes a day...when all is over, said and done...no words spoken can mend, no promise made can assure...our eyes are opened, we've met the end...
It is not the quantity of friends that we have that is important, but rather the quality of those friends we do have...

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Adrift

At times I feel I am on the outside looking in, wondering if I am standing on the side of reality or on the side of dreams and fantasy that this seems to induce. I see myself in this as a neophite and feel as if this is more of a lifeline to m sanity than an escape from insanity. I cannot tell at times what is real and what is as vaporous as fog as I find myself winding deeper and deeper into this world created on disillusion, where smoke and mirrors are the magician's tools to hide fact from fiction. Maybe nothing more than an illusion I have conjured up in my own mind rather than constructed by another. The more I try to separate what is real from that which was created for amusement.

Adrift upon a sea of of bits and bytes, I am a part of the flotsam generated in this world. Floating hopelessly without an anchor or mooring to stop this ceaseless journey. Islands of refuge appear on the horizon that we think is a safe harbor, but soon I realize that it nothing more than a resting place before I continue this senseless journey that this has taken me on. Waves of confusion confront me, pushing into a current of doubt. No rudder to guide my course, I am at the mercy of this sea in which I find myself in. It decides where I will go next and what I will encounter. No control, no say to where I will eventually end up.

Many like me are adrift and the expessionless faces look back at me with hollow eyes. All hopes seems dashed upon the rocks of the pounding surf dashing dreams. Shores of tranquility always in sight, but unable to reach it's shores as the undertow of the tide holds me from reaching it's shores. Still I drift.

Later...

Stories posted here are the exclusive property of the Smiling Pig. No other use or reproduction of the content contained here is permissible without written prior consent.

No comments:

An Echo....

When you find you are lost, always go back to where you started...