An Echo

in our life we say, there comes a time, there comes a day...when all is over, said and done...no words spoken can mend, no promise made can assure...our eyes are opened, we've met the end...
It is not the quantity of friends that we have that is important, but rather the quality of those friends we do have...

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Goodbye Chat Rooms...

I am out of the chat rooms now. I have no plans on going back. When I first started going to chats it was a way of getting through a sleepless night, the possibility of meeting someone you could just talk to and pass some time with. I did not think at that time that anyone would have any type of hidden agendas or use this as a substitution for something they were not getting in the real world. I was new and naive to a lot of things, it struck me like a kid going to the circus fro the first time and seeing the midway..the rides, the games and the sideshows. Chat rooms seemed to fill that adult bill to the tee.

I am not saying I have not met some good people on here or developed any friendships on here, that I have. And even more, I have met one that I love deeply and see many tomorrows with. But as for most, I see nothing but a place to vent, to hurt, to criticize and seek attention. I have never in my entire life seen so many people unable or unwilling to take responsibility for their actions. It is as if they are never at fault and are quick to blame someone else for it all the while acting like they were the innocent victim. What they do not realize is that it takes two to dance.

As for me, I do not care what another really thinks of me. I could care less. I just shows how infantile they are in their manner of slandering another. What is said about me is nothing more than one's opinion and we all have our own opinion. Yes and as it is said so well..opinions are like assholes, we all have one and most likely stink. So..I have found it is best to keep my opinions to myself. I am quicker to point out my own faults than that of another and I believe that is a lesson anyone could benefit from. By doing so, you take away their ammunition. Also you give others a chance to see the one firing in a new perspective, possibly one they were blind to before. Let them say what they will about me, I have nothing to prove except to a close few and only one in particular.

It is sad to think that some use this as a venue for attention. We all do to a degree I think, I even found myself falling into that. But after a while I realized again all it was doing was giving others something to talk about when it should have been left alone to begin with. All it did was make it fester and upset others. Am I going to miss the chat rooms? No, not for a minute. I have gotten out of them all I want to. I am grateful for one thing though, she knows who she is. Anyway...GOODBYE CHATS....HELLO LIFE!

2 comments:

Jazz said...

My eyes are sometimes still drawn there, like a car accident and you can't stop looking at the morbid fascination of it all.
But I too also made a blog about cutting down the internet time in those idle places and I think we chatted about it.

But if we look at any society it will seem to have a widespread of social diversity. Lately it seem that more human scum than anything else inhabits the chatroom and that statement from me, someone who usually likes to find the best in people!

I also have met some good, but it is my belief that mature minds outgrow that childishness. I have noticed though that some we thought with mature minds are not what we thought.
Chat room bring out the worst in us.

Good luck Ron & Grace.

Smiling Pig said...

Dear Friend Jazz,
It was beginning to be more self detrimental than anything else, causing more harm than good. And I am an extremist when it comes to do something. I know at one time we talked about it and I said I was going to "wean" myself off the chats, but I found that if I really wanted to do it, I just had to do it and get it over with.

Yes, I agree, there is a morbid fascination to the chatrooms and it is hard to pull away from them. I too found myself drawn to them time and time again and beguiled by words.

There is a saying here that cream rises in the pail. Yes it does and pond scum rises to the surface in water. And as you, that is what I am beginning to see, a slime floating to the surface that prevents you from seeing the beauty beneath it.

Outside of meeting YuYing there are few I met that I would trust, I am happy I met you.

Peace be upon you when the storms of life rage all around.

Thank you for you good wishes, we appreciate that very much.

Love,
Ron

An Echo....

When you find you are lost, always go back to where you started...