An Echo

in our life we say, there comes a time, there comes a day...when all is over, said and done...no words spoken can mend, no promise made can assure...our eyes are opened, we've met the end...
It is not the quantity of friends that we have that is important, but rather the quality of those friends we do have...

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Paradise

When I think of paradise…
My thoughts drift to you…
Free of the world’s vice…
Our skies are clear and blue…

No distractions in my eyes…
No one but you I see…
Palms sway against the skies…
As you walk beside me…

We walk alone, your hand in mine…
Your voice so soft and sweet…
And in the breeze your words entwine…
You speak of when we did meet…

The sun is warm upon our face…
Sand warm beneath our feet…
My heart beats fast and starts to race…
When our lips do meet…

I touch you and you quiver…
Your eyes are fixed on mine…
Emotions run like a river…
To all others we are blind…

We whisper the words of love…
We are wrapped in each other’s arms.…
No one I place above…
As we are sheltered from life’s harms…

This paradise in which we live…
A place so calm and serene…
For it was here we chose to give…
And on each forever lean…

In this paradise we will walk…
And watch the days go by…
Of our tomorrows we will talk…
Until our last sunset draws nigh…

No comments:

An Echo....

When you find you are lost, always go back to where you started...