An Echo

in our life we say, there comes a time, there comes a day...when all is over, said and done...no words spoken can mend, no promise made can assure...our eyes are opened, we've met the end...
It is not the quantity of friends that we have that is important, but rather the quality of those friends we do have...

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Until...©

Sinking deep into the dark cold well…
I see that point of light so far away…
Sinking deep into this lonely hell…
This place I am doomed to stay…

She held out her hand a long time ago…
To take me from this place…
But my grasp has slipped I know…
And now my fate I must face…

Her memory it will torture me…
This I have laid at my feet…
Now the piper must be paid his fee…
Till my heart no longer will beat…

When this mortal bond is broke…
My anguished soul it will release…
In the wind like a wisp of smoke…
Searching for that fabled peace…

Oh to sleep and never to wake…
To live inside my dream…
To think of her by evening lake…
Enveloped by moon’s soft beam…

Her raven hair so soft and long…
Dark eyes that are so deep…
A voice like the night bird’s song…
To hear makes my heart leap…

The tears now they fall like rain…
They flood my soul complete…
But cannot drown out the pain…
Nor make her mine to keep…

So by this lake of tears I sit…
To stare up at the heavens at night…
Until my life I will remit…
And my soul takes flight…

Until then this unrequited love I hold…
This for her I will keep…
When that day that comes is told…
When death for me will seek…

No comments:

An Echo....

When you find you are lost, always go back to where you started...