An Echo

in our life we say, there comes a time, there comes a day...when all is over, said and done...no words spoken can mend, no promise made can assure...our eyes are opened, we've met the end...
It is not the quantity of friends that we have that is important, but rather the quality of those friends we do have...

Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Few Words...

She left a few lines today...
Words that made me think...
Even though she did not say...
I see I was not on the brink...

I wonder how she knew...
Or was it only by chance...
My life in hues of blue...
Her words in my mind dance...

That when I feel all alone...
She reminds me she is there...
To this friend I need not atone...
She lets me know she cares...

Even though her words were few...
The meaning may not be seen...
But as a friend she is true...
That when needed on her I lean...

She left a few lines to let me know...
At times I cross her mind...
To assure me she did not go...
Through her that peace I find...

That what I seek is within...
That in another it is not found...
It is there I should begin...
To free me from whence I'm bound...

Just a few words she left you see...
Some may see as being polite...
But the meaning was seen by me...
That in darkness there is light...

Thank you for being who you are...


1 comment:

Jazz said...

You are welcome.

You can't wait forever
Roast chicken does not fly into the mouths of hungry men.

Sooner or later you know it is that "NOW"
The now is when talk is over and deeds are done. Demonstrations of commitment rather than endless tales of what will be.
What will be are what could be.

A deed lays the first foundation of what WILL be.

I don't know any detail - I know plenty of people in a dark place and each waits for the other to light a flame.
Eventually and still in the dark, the waiting seems pointless and one wanders off to look for a light.

An Echo....

When you find you are lost, always go back to where you started...