An Echo

in our life we say, there comes a time, there comes a day...when all is over, said and done...no words spoken can mend, no promise made can assure...our eyes are opened, we've met the end...
It is not the quantity of friends that we have that is important, but rather the quality of those friends we do have...

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Silence...

Somethings end in heated arguments with words being thrashed about in spiteful hurting accusations. Things said that finalize something in your life to bring and end and justify the means. Those are things you can deal with, rationalize with and understand eventually no matter which side of the fence it was thrown from. So when they end, there is a finality to it. This most can deal with in life as it gives them something to chew on so to say. That maybe the reasons given at the time were in fact justified by actions or the lack of them.

It is when nothing is said at all that I cannot deal with. As if ignoring them it will go away and be forgotten. As if it does not or never did exist. Okay, maybe to that is their way of dealing with things and they feel maybe they are just in doing so. Personally I think it is cruel, I am not saying I am faultless in this respect, I know I have done the same and maybe it is just coming back to haunt me. But in the same respect I did eventually give closure to a bad situation or to something that needed closure.

Silence is the cruelest thing of all, especially when the one who is perpetrating it knows it is and knows how it makes the other feel. It is as if they do it because they know exactly what it is doing to the other. Well, I have endured it before and I will this time.

Later...

2 comments:

Jazz said...

and where silence is the loudest is where it crashes against the shores of futility.
I too walk upon those sands.
My footprints washed away by the tide
My reason blown away by the winds

I will walk here some more.

Smiling Pig said...

and into the silence we walk..it is deafening...

An Echo....

When you find you are lost, always go back to where you started...