An Echo

in our life we say, there comes a time, there comes a day...when all is over, said and done...no words spoken can mend, no promise made can assure...our eyes are opened, we've met the end...
It is not the quantity of friends that we have that is important, but rather the quality of those friends we do have...

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Welcome to the Internet...

Silently the night surrounds me and shrouds me in the anonymity of it's darkness. Eyes peer into a world of misshapen images truncating the mind and clouding reality. The translucent glow filling the room adds to the mysticism of the ether world as words surface that have been buried in depths of controlled angst. Emotions escape that have been locked away from the cruelties of those that feed on another's anguish. Passively giving in to the guile of another as I sink into a world devoid of realism. Letting it engulf me as I immerse myself into a realm without boundaries. Where the only limitation is set by your imagination.

Lost in the shade of lost hopes and broken dreams where reality seems a memory. Where insanity seems like a tranquil rest and a pillow of thorns masks the pain within me. The fallible become infallible and I am are masked behind deception. Courting my own self needs to fill this emptiness that I live in, this vacuous vessel that is called my soul. Ingratiating myself on those who trust me, only to inflict upon them this pain that gnaws at me.

Where truth is lost in lies and the only thing I let them see is the mirror I am looking in. The reflection of the demons that rent at me. Fear me, because I am afraid of myself. I live in this nightmare and stalk it's shadows concealing myself in it's quiet darkness. Immune to tears I smile and with soothing words I bring them to me. They forfeit to me their thoughts and their hearts as I slowly work into their lives. Showing them the me they want to see. Am I the demon or am I the mirror that they see? Am I that reflection of who they want to see? The one who fills their expectations? Or that deceptive one who feeds upon their loneliness?

Do I let them peer into the hollow of my eyes to see what lies beneath the surface? To see the emptiness I feel, that I live in? The bile that bubbles within seething it's nauseous fumes permeating the air as perfume to them. Submitting to me as my words blind them to what they see.

In this world of transparent differences they come unsuspecting retreating from the world about them to seek solace in another that they can open up to. In their weakness is my strength and like prey in an eye of a predator I bide my time working on their weaknesses until I see my time to bring them down. Their innocence abandoned and their virtue handed to me willingly.

The invisibility, the anonymity camouflages me, hidden in a sea of bits and bytes I lie in wait as they unsuspectingly enter into this world they are seeking refuge in. I need not seek them out, they come to me and they come willingly without thought of who I am. Not in the least suspicious of my motives or intent. Like so much luggage they carry with them their hurt, pain and sorrow and like a salve, with words I begin to soothe their wounds. Telling them what they want to hear as they slowly tear down the walls they have built to shield them from people just like me in the real world. With their defenses weakening I bring them closer until in me they see what they think they are seeking.

Welcome to the internet....

Later...

2 comments:

Jazz said...

I love the way you write this, it reminds me of someone haha!
So, Ron you are the cyber-chat version of a trapdoor spider huh?
I wonder what it is I've missed this time that inspired such a crafting of thoughts from you.

Smiling Pig said...

Just a story that came to me..maybe a little on my part, but mostly fiction. Trap door spider...ahhh that would be the internet..or the web..I am happy you enjoyed though..your comments are always appreciated...

An Echo....

When you find you are lost, always go back to where you started...