An Echo

in our life we say, there comes a time, there comes a day...when all is over, said and done...no words spoken can mend, no promise made can assure...our eyes are opened, we've met the end...
It is not the quantity of friends that we have that is important, but rather the quality of those friends we do have...

Saturday, April 4, 2009

In Memory of Cody Wayne Weber

An Echo
We are here for a moment and in a blink we are gone, cry not for one lost, for they wait for you to come home..
.

Today I received a call from my stepson Micky. I was thinking he was calling to wish me a happy birthday, but he had very sad news to tell me. His first born son, Cody Wayne died in his sleep March 31, 2009. He was only 2 months old.

Funeral is April 5, 2009 and I find it hard to face the fact that I never even kept to hold him, see his face or hear his cry. A child or grandchild should never precede a parent or grand parent's death. It is sad to say that I will not have the chance to take him to the park, the zoo or do any of those things a grand parent does with their grandchild.

Later...

2 comments:

Noha said...

Passing on comes to all... some earlier...some later... for chinese... the sooner u leave this world... the sooner u would be reborn to finish the stretch of "punishment" one has to endure before attaining enlightenment. Hold your tears, be strong for those alive need the support most now...

Happy Birthday.

Smiling Pig said...

Thank you for your kind words Ping..

Later...

An Echo....

When you find you are lost, always go back to where you started...