An Echo

in our life we say, there comes a time, there comes a day...when all is over, said and done...no words spoken can mend, no promise made can assure...our eyes are opened, we've met the end...
It is not the quantity of friends that we have that is important, but rather the quality of those friends we do have...

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tomorrow the Sun Will Rise

Someone once told me that tomorrow the sun will rise. I thought of those words today as I sat in the funeral home's chapel. I stood and walked up the aisle to the tiny little casket to look on the face of my youngest grandson and I thought to myself how someone so small, so new to the world could affect so many. For a small pebble he created far reaching ripples and had already managed to touch many in his short life.

As I hugged Micky I told him, "Be strong, remember what you were taught. There are others that love you and depend on you. Be strong for them. You are not saying goodbye, you will see him again. I love you son, we are family and I will always be here for you, never forget that."

I listened to the preacher as he spoke his words to try and comfort Micky and his wife Angel and give them some reason for why this happened. As I thought to myself I wondered if there really is an explanation for why a child so young has been taken to their final rest? I have buried so many in my life, but other than my father and Linda, this was by far the hardest on me. Not really for the fact that he was gone from this world, but rather because he would not be here any longer to bless the ones that love him.

Anyone that knows me, knows that the word goodbye is one I do not use. There is too much finality in it and to me to say goodbye means something has ended. As his eulogy said,"As we stand here by Cody's grave today, the wind blows, see this as him embracing you. I never kept to meet him, but I will someday. Goodbye is the hardest thing to say, so I will not say goodbye to Cody Wayne, I am going to say I will see you later."

Cody Wayne Weber
January, 16, 2009 came into this world and left to his final rest on March 31, 2009.

Later...

1 comment:

monkey said...

hey thanks that really touch our family i love you so much grammpy it k'lynn and it is hard ato lose cody i wish yall would of be able to meet him.....
I LOVE YALL HOPE II GET TO SEE YALL SOON....

An Echo....

When you find you are lost, always go back to where you started...