An Echo

in our life we say, there comes a time, there comes a day...when all is over, said and done...no words spoken can mend, no promise made can assure...our eyes are opened, we've met the end...
It is not the quantity of friends that we have that is important, but rather the quality of those friends we do have...

Sunday, July 27, 2008

If This Were a Poem..

If this were a poem it would be for you...
Words so eloquently written...
To speak of my love and the things you do...
And the fact I am more than smitten...

It would explore the depths that I feel...
Of how you have touched my heart...
That before you nothing seems real...
It was with you my life did start...

That in a bird's song I hear your name...
With every bell that rings I hear...
In every wind that I hear the same...
And I feel that you are near...

That you have opened up in me...
Feelings I have never known...
A part of me I could not see...
That through you I have grown...

You have erased the past as if I had none...
That memories started with you...
And never before had I seen the sun...
Or the skies of azure blue...

As one blind who can see once more...
Like the deaf who now can hear...
No longer afraid to open that door...
Nor afraid to face my fear...

That you have given me a chance to live...
A life I never knew...
And shown me it is what you give...
That creates something true...

That we were not meant to be alone...
For in another we should share...
To learn to trust til doubt is gone...
And our faults laid bare...

To trust in who we are...
And accept that which we see...
That with faith we will go far...
To share a love meant to be...

Yes, if this were a poem it would be for you...
But it is my heart that speaks this now...
And bequeaths a love that is true...
Which shamelessly before I bow...





No comments:

An Echo....

When you find you are lost, always go back to where you started...