An Echo

in our life we say, there comes a time, there comes a day...when all is over, said and done...no words spoken can mend, no promise made can assure...our eyes are opened, we've met the end...
It is not the quantity of friends that we have that is important, but rather the quality of those friends we do have...

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Stone by Stone...

Stone by stone you're taking it down...
Scattering them all about...
Ghostly memories now lay all around...
A maligned heart filled with doubt...

No tears of sorrow will you cry...
An emptiness is by your side...
On your lips the word goodbye...
You feel you can no longer try...

This love for you was not enough...
Suspicions settled in your mind...
The candle that burned you snuff...
A lonely comfort you will find...

You seek those now from before...
Ones that bring a smile...
Little words that they adore...
You decide to stay a while...

You've closed your heart to me...
Erased me from tomorrow...
I don't think you no longer see...
For I only bought you sorrow...

Out of habit you speak those words...
No feeling there you place...
And on the wing like fleeting birds...
You turn and hide your face...

No longer do you speak to me...
The things that you once saw...
Like the blind you no longer see...
You only know my flaws...

Those times alone we no longer share...
Where intimate words were spoke...
In your heart you no longer care...
The red thread has been broke...

You said you will see this through...
Together we would be...
Then I felt the cold wind that blew...
Slowly you fade from me...

I cannot be that friend again...
I come to far to return...
Too many things we did plan...
Now turn to ashes as they burn...

Upon my knees I came to you...
Confessing all my wrongs...
Through all I've done my love is true...
Yet on your heart the shadows are long...

Those little treasures you left for me...
Words from your heart...
The things you hoped would be...
To me you no longer impart...

You used to speak of we...
You said forever was ours...
Now I only hear the me..
And feel a love gone sour...

No longer do you wake at night...
To seek my company...
To chase dark dreams to flight...
And seek your place beside me...

Will you ever see in me...
Those things you saw before...
When we spoke of eternity...
As we walked through love's door...

Will our paths once again entwine...
And side by side to walk...
To feel that which is sublime...
Of tomorrow to talk...

Come to me and take your place...
Beside me is where you belong...
Let me look upon your face...
As you sing love's song...

Speak those words again to me...
Heal this pain I feel...
Tell me all we want will be...
And your thoughts to me reveal...

Take my hand and hold it tight...
Walk this path with me...
Let me turn the wrong to right...
Let me be the one you see...

And stone by stone let us rebuild...
To turn this darkness into light...
Cast out sorrow upon the field...
And on tomorrow set our sight...













No comments:

An Echo....

When you find you are lost, always go back to where you started...